the dawn

Monday, April 6, 2009

Maa

My lovely grand-mother left for her heavenly abode in summer of 2008.
I used to call her Maa.
Have you ever felt a deep sense of loss and abyss .its a whirpool of pain and sorrow this post would describe how I remeber her as and what a sense of longing she left in me.

Subtle as the wind and commanding as the sun she stood amongst my family loved and revered by one and all.Her demanour was saintly ,her actions caring, her wisdom uncompared,her presence undeniable,her mirth exemplary ,her love unpreceded,her nature forgiving,her understanding deep,her work rewarding,her leadership unforgettable,her life ideal and her simplicity heartening.With her departure I felt lost and bereft of wisdom . God had not been kind to me taking her away like this .She used to write notes for me to refer to later so that we could benefit from ramdevji's medicines ,we went to many a long train journey together debating about life and death.Although i never took the medicines she still used to write them hoping someone or the other may take them .She never sat idle always doing something as her health allowed .She was a mentor to my father and uncles.Our family had an abyss with her untimely departure.
As I remember her now I remember not much but glimses and moments spent with her playing chopad with her and vinod dadaji. How we loved to gather in one room and just listen her preside an informal family gathering.The way she handeled all the misunderstandings and managed the household without ever scorning can not be compared.Her caring hand always looked after me as i got back from school hungry as a drum,mom often used to be out ,she came slowly and made chapatis for me.
Never complaining even though she had to work despite her health mom used to leave having one surity that definitely maa will be there to look after us.At night she used to sit in a chowki serving every member food and taking care if anyone needed a refill.touji used to come fuming from work,papa came tired dipu chachaji headbanged all came and sat beside her in the TV room and chatted with her telling her there problems.Dadaji used to always take maa out for morning walks and the little bit of fight they had in the car was hillarius and lovable.
Had there been a perfect human being i know she would be the one .I loved and respected her the most and pray to dear god to take care of this lovely soul.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home